1.1 Only the citizens of below countries are able to visit Vietnam without an entry visa:
– Most citizens of ASEAN member-countries as Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Laos do not need a Vietnam visa if they visit Vietnam within 30 days. The Philippine passport holders do not need a Vietnamese visa for 21 days and Myanmar do not need Visa within 14 days. The passport holders of Brunei are not required to get a visa to Vietnam for 15 days. They could apply for popular passport type with return tickets.
– From July, 1st 2015 to next June 2016, Vietnam Government exempts Visas for nationals of 5 Western European countries as: France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom and Italy. They do not need visa if staying in Vietnam less than 15 days regardless of their purpose or type of visas.
– Citizens of and Timor-Leste is all required Visa Vietnam.
– The Passport Holders from Korea, Japan, Russia and the Scandinavian nations (as Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland) do not need a visa to Vietnam if they intend to stay in the country within 15 days. They could also apply for popular passport type with return tickets.
– All other citizens are required to get a Vietnam entry visa (issued prior to departure by local consulates or embassies) or a pre-approved letter for picking up an entry visa (issued on arrival at Vietnam’s International Airports) at the airport. Both are supplied before arrival in the country.
1.2 Some exceptions:
– No visa is required for travel in Vietnam for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months for citizens of France who holds valid diplomatic or official passports.
– No visa is required for travel in Vietnam for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months for citizens of Chile who holds valid diplomatic or official passports.
– No visa is required for 60 days per time with APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies.